Known as the highest fort in Pune district, the Torna fort stands at an impressive altitude of 4603 feet. You’ll set out from Pune and head straight here, so you can take on the rugged terrain and forested landscapes early in the day. After this, you’ll be driven to a campsite that lies on the banks of a river, and offers you views of rolling hills, lush greenery, and gleaming water bodies in the distance. Here, on Day 2, you’ll try your hand at waterfall rappelling. Apart from this, you can also enjoy a dip in the river or go for a short nature walk.
- Enjoy the thrill of trekking, camping, and waterfall rappelling in one trip.
- Trek to the beautiful Torna fort.
- Try your hand at waterfall rappelling over a 50-foot waterfall.
- Camp along the banks of a river in the middle of wild nature.
- Wake up to stunning views of the Sahyadris in the morning.
- Listen to the water stream flowing near by
- Enjoy world’s best BBQ
- And Bombs
- Lush green hills with clouds rolling over
This adventure combines a challenging trek to Torna, a thrilling session of waterfall rappelling, and a peaceful camping experience in the wild. Torna Fort is close to Pune, and is one of the highest forts in the region. During the monsoon, wildflowers cover the ground, and rainwater fills the streams and waterfalls around. You’ll spend the day exploring the fort and tiring yourself out, and then head to this pretty campsite by a river. Here, you’ll relax by a BBQ, enjoy the stars above, and retire for the night in comfortable tents. The next day, you’ll head out for a waterfall rappelling activity before lunch.
- Start early morning from Pune
- Breakfast on the way to Velhe
- Start ascending the fort approx @ 10 am.
- Reach the top by 1 pm
- Have packed healthy lunch (dry) on the fort
- See some places on the fort
- Start climbing down the fort and reach base
- Drive to camp site and pitch tents
- BBQ (veg and / or non veg)
- Dinner @ night
- Next day breakfast and tea
- Start for waterfall rappelling
- Lunch after waterfall rappelling
- start driving back home to Pune
- Cost 2400 Rs per person (Transport not included)